Let's get real...We are the Campus Community Life Group of Northwest Baptist Church. We worship, we pray, we draw close to Jesus. As a community we are here to hang, to help, and break any record that has never been set in the Guinness Book of World Records.

MEETINGS

We meet...

SUNDAY MORNING: 9:20am life group at Northwest Baptist Church (http://www.nwbc.tv/) in the robe room

11am Campus Church service at OCU with potluck lunch everyweek

Monday, March 17, 2008

Matthew 7:21-23


"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?' And then will I declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.'
(Mat 7:21-23)

The first time I read this verse with understanding, I realized I hadn't made any prophecies, I hadn't cast out demons, and I knew I hadn't done many mighty works. When I read that Jesus was going to tell people who at least thought they had done all these things that they were going to hell because He never new them, I was scared to death. I knew I had to find out what exactly Jesus expected from me before I could be saved.

This verse is Jesus' challenge to us all to measure and make sure we are confident in (and why we have) our salvation through Him!

No comments: