Let's get real...We are the Campus Community Life Group of Northwest Baptist Church. We worship, we pray, we draw close to Jesus. As a community we are here to hang, to help, and break any record that has never been set in the Guinness Book of World Records.

MEETINGS

We meet...

SUNDAY MORNING: 9:20am life group at Northwest Baptist Church (http://www.nwbc.tv/) in the robe room

11am Campus Church service at OCU with potluck lunch everyweek

Monday, March 17, 2008

Hebrews4.15-16



For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need. Hebrews4.15-16

This is something that I love about Jesus- that He dealt with the same difficult things that I face in this life- disappointment, pain, loss, temptations to follow after things that aren't from the Father, being mistreated, anything and everything I've ever faced- yet, he was always able to confront each situation in a way that honored His Father and that did not serve Himself. It is because of this that I know that I can come before his throne and ask Him for help. He knows how harsh this life can be and He has compassion on me. He invites me to come with confidence and boldness, telling me not to be ashamed or afraid. It is His desire to extend grace to help me, because, just as when he obeyed, it gives the Father glory.
This word gives me hope because in it I find the promise that I can overcome the world, just as Jesus did.

No comments: